Festival of Urban Dance and Art Dance
Vetrina dei Giovani Danzatori (Young Dancers Showcase) will turn Ravenna into a stage for dancers and troupes from all over Italy, whilst Video Dance will combine body movement with moving pictures.
New in 2012 are the Dance Art Workshops, which are taking place all summer, allowing young dancers to meet and share notes with emerging Choreographers and established Trainers. The results of all the workshops will be displayed in open rehearsals and public demonstrations during the Festival.
The Festival is organised by the Cantieri Association, with artistic direction by Monica Francia and Selina Bassini.
DARSENA DANCE RAIDS
The most innovative contemporary dance companies will perform at the Artificerie Almagia (former sulfur warehouse in via dell'Almagià):
- Friday 7 September (10.30pm) the MK company in Quattro danze coloniali viste da vicino (Four colonial dances seen up close);
- Saturday 8 September (10.30pm) the Dewey Dell of Teodora Castellucci company;
- Sunday 9 September (9.00pm) and repeated Monday 10 September (9.00pm) the group nanou in Motel LP.
Every day during the Festival (in a container in front of Artificerie Almagia):
Screening of a program of Dance Films prepared by some of the most interesting authors on the international scene. On Friday, September 7 (9.30pm) and Saturday, September 8 (00.00am) the actor Gianfranco Tondini will accompany the audience in a guided viewing.
VETRINA GIOVANE DANZA D’AUTORE
The young Italian choreographers and dancers will be performing with productions designed specifically for theater spaces at the Artificerie Almagia (former sulfur warehouse in via dell'Almagià).
Friday 14 September (starting at 9.00pm)
- Daniele Ninarello (Piedmont) in NON(LEG)AZIONI;
- Elisabetta Lauro and Cesar Augusto Cuenca Torres (Puglia) in Hay Un No Se Que No Se Donde;
- Helen Cerina (Marche) in Du liebst mich ru viel;
- Manolo Perazzi (Abruzzo) in Pianterreno;
- Giorgia Nardin (Veneto) in Dolly;
- Francesca Beatrice Vista (Lazio) in I CHANGE
Full fee: € 10 Events at the Artificerie Almagià - Booking recommended - City events: free admission