The shift of the parish church from Pavullo to Renno is an epoch-making event for the village. Probably Renno was a fiscal and juridical centre where taxes were collected and the public land was run.
Presumably the hamlet rose in Renno Di Sopra, where is still possible to find the remains of an early Middle Ages castle whose decline coincided with the ascent of the military and defensive power of Montecuccolo.
It's worth visiting the Plebeians Church of S. Giovanni Battista, the current parish church, which restoration in in 1872 greatly affected the exterior appearance: it's one of the most artistic parish churches of the Apennines of Modena.
The areas of Piantacroce, Renno di Sopra, Renno di Sotto, L'Amola and Ca' di Polo deserve a visit.
Piazza Montecuccoli, 1
41026 Pavullo nel Frignano (MO)
Tel. ++39 0536-29964
Fax ++39 0536-29961
Opening: Open troughout the year